(NOTE: *Chapters 16 and 17 were renumbered from the 3rd edition.)
I. UNDERSTANDING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING PROCESS.
1. Introduction: Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism.
2. Service Characteristics of Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
3. The Role of Marketing in Strategic Planning.
II. DEVELOPING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIES.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research.
6. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buying Behavior.
7. Organizational Buyer Behavior and Group Markets.
8. Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
III. DEVELOPING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING MIX.
9. Designing and Managing Products.
10. Internal Marketing.
11. Building Customer Loyalty through Quality.
12. Pricing Products: Pricing Considerations, Approaches and Strategy.
13. Distribution Channels.
14. Promoting Products: Communication and Promotion Policy and Advertising.
15. Promoting Products: Public Relations and Sales Promotion.
16. Professional Sales.*
IV. MANAGING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING.
17. ElectronicMarketing: Internet Marketing, Database Marketing and Direct Marketing.*
18. Destination Marketing. 19. Next Year’s Marketing Plan.