Marketing Management : An Asian Perspective / Edition 2by Philip Kotler, Chin Tiong Tan, Swee Hoon Ang, Swee Hoon Ang
Pub. Date: 11/19/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
The book discusses the Asian economic crisis and its impact on marketing activities in the region. This second edition captures the new challenges for regional marketers and proposes fresh ways of thinking about them. At the same time, it continues to build on the fundamental features of the first edition. The book includes illustrations of Asian advertisements to inform and challenge the reader; new marketing examples, particularly from China, Hong Kong, and India; more country-by-country analyses of specific issues; updated material and empirical data on the functioning and behavior of Asian consumers and markets; expanded discussion of pertinent issues in Asian marketing; and new end-of-chapter concept applications, many of them dealing with actual marketing challenges facing real businesses in Asia. For working managers, executives and marketers.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 9.26(h) x 1.55(d)
Table of ContentsPART I. UNDERSTANDING MARKETING MANAGEMENT.
1. Assessing Marketing's Critical Role In Organizational Performance.
2. Building Customer Satisfaction Through Quality, Service and Value.
3. Winning Markets Through Market-Oriented Strategic Planning.
PART II. ANALYZING MARKETING ORIENTATION.
4. Managing Marketing Information and Measuring Market Demand.
5. Scanning the Marketing Environment.
6. Analyzing Consumer Markets and Buying Behavior.
7. Analyzing Business Markets and Business Buying Behavior.
8. Analyzing Industries and Competitors.
9. Identifying Market Segments and Selecting Target Markets.
PART III. DEVELOPING MARKETING SYSTEMS.
10. Differentiating and Positioning the Market Offering.
11. Developing New Products.
12. Managing Life-Cycle Strategies.
13. Designing Market Strategies for Market Leaders, Challengers, Followers, and Nichers.
14. Designing and Managing Global Marketing Strategies.
PART IV. PLANNING, MARKETING, PROGRAMS.
15. Managing Service Businesses and Product Support Services.
16. Designing Pricing Strategies and Programs.
17. Selecting and Managing Marketing Channels.
18. Managing, Retailing, Wholesaling, and Market Logistics.
19. Designing and Managing Integrated Marketing Communications.
20. Managing Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Public Relations.
21. Managing the Sale Force.
22. Managing Direct and Online Marketing.
PART V. MANAGING THE MARKETING EFFORT.
23. Organizing, Implementing, Evaluating, and Controlling Marketing Activities.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >