Marketing Management / Edition 10by Philip Kotler
Pub. Date: 01/28/2001
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This worldwide best-selling book highlights the most recent trends and developments in global marketing-with an emphasis on the importance of teamwork between marketing and all the other functions of the business. It introduces new perspectives in successful strategic market planning, and presents additional company examples of creative, market-focused, and customer-driven action. Coverage includes a focus on customer relationship management, partner relationship management, the Internet and its effects and uses, brand building and brand asset management, alternative go-to-market channels, and marketing around the globe. Chapter topics discuss building customer satisfaction, market-oriented strategic planning, analyzing consumer markets and buyer behavior, dealing with the competition, designing pricing strategies and programs, and managing the sales force For marketing managers who want to increase their understanding of the major issues of strategic, tactical, and administrative marketing-along with the opportunities and needs of the marketplace in the years ahead.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Prentice Hall International Series in Marketing Series
- Product dimensions:
- 82.50(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents1. Defining Marketing for the 21st Century.
2. Adapting Marketing to the New Economy.
3. Building Customer Satisfaction, Value, and Retention.
4. Winning Markets through Market-Oriented Strategic Planning.
5. Gathering Information and Measuring Market Demand.
6. Scanning the Marketing Environment.
7. Analyzing Consumer Markets and Buyer Behavior.
8. Analyzing Business Markets and Business Buying Behavior.
9. Dealing with the Competition.
10. Identifying Market Segments and Selecting Target Markets.
11. Positioning and Differentiating the Market Offering through the Product Life Cycle.
12. Developing New Market Offerings.
13. Designing Global Market Offerings.
14. Setting the Product and Branding Strategy.
15. Designing and Managing Services.
16. Developing Price Strategies and Programs.
17. Designing and Managing Value Networks and Marketing Channels.
18. Managing Retailing, Wholesaling, and Market Logistics.
19. Managing Integrated Marketing Communications.
20. Managing Advertising, Sales Promotion, Public Relations, and Direct Marketing.
21. Managing the Sales Force.
22. Managing the Total Marketing Effort.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Great text. Extremely useful for any type of marketing. A beginner will benefit from well explained concepts and it is an excellent review for experts.
I was given this textbook as a gift, and I found this textbook to have all the answers I need in my position. Kotler gives every area of marketing its due to great detail. I always look at this textbook at least once to twice a week. I work at a Fortune 100 consumer product company and this book is my bible in any area I need an answer or idea.
Not a very useful compamy profiles too much lecture not enough real life application.
This is a great book on contemporary marketing management. Kotler covers all of today's topics in depth with great examples, detail, and insight. The only problwm is that Kotler often uses his position as the pre-eminent marketing text writer to create some of his own definitions. His ideas are sound, but he puts his own perspective into many of his seemingly generic and well-acepted explanations and definitions. I would highly recommend this for advanced marketing or marketing management courses (undergrad or MBA).