- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Search engine placement has become a key task for those engaged in website marketing because:
• Good positioning in search engines/directories dramatically increases visitor traffic.
• Optimizing search engine ranking is the most important and cost effective way of marketing a website.
• Customers use search engines more than any other method to locate websites.
Alex Michael and Ben Salter guide readers through proven techniques for achieving and measuring success, along with a review of the most important search engines and directories. Throughout the book there are numerous real case studies and tips to help the marketer build a world class web presence.
• Explains why and how marketers can and must optimize sites for searchability from the outset
• Describes how to optimize, for both local and international users
• Uses tutorials and walkthroughs to demonstrate how to steadily improve your site rankings
Audience: Practitioners and students of emarketing; IDM and CIM students.
|Ch. 1||Introduction to search engine optimization||1|
|Ch. 2||Web crawlers||17|
|Ch. 4||Pay-per-click engines||67|
|Ch. 5||Linking strategies and free listings||89|
|Ch. 6||Placement tips and page architecture||107|
|Ch. 7||Software toolbox||129|
|App. A||eStrategy presentation||195|
|App. B||Overture and Espotting style guidelines||207|
|App. C||Site link campaign management charts||211|
|App. D||SEO admin tables||213|
|App. E||Search engine listings||217|
|App. F||Glossary of terms||225|