Marriage and Family: 99/00 / Edition 25by Kathleen R. Gilbert, Kathleen R. (Ed.) Gilbert
Pub. Date: 02/28/1999
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This reader of public press articles offers varied perspectives on the family; exploring and establishing relationships; maintaining relationships; the challenges and opportunities of crises; and maintaining healthy relationships in families.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. Varied Perspectives on the Family
1. A New Focus on Family Values, Hara Estroff Marano, Psychology Today, November/December 1997.
2. The Way We Weren't: The Myth and Reality of the "Traditional" Family, Stephanie Coontz, National Forum, Summer 1995.
3. Feminism & the Family: An Indissoluble Marriage, Mary Ann Glendon, Commonweal, February 14, 1997.
4. Among the Promise Keepers, Jeff Wagenheim, New Age Journal, March/April 1995.
5. African American Families: A Legacy of Vulnerability and Resilience, Beverly Greene, National Forum, Summer 1995.
UNIT 2. Exploring and Establishing Relationships
A. GENDER AND OUR VIEW OF THE WORLD 6. Boys Will Be Boys, Barbara Kantrowitz and Claudia Kalb, Newsweek, May 11, 1998. 7. The Female Brain, Dianne Hales, Ladies' Home Journal, May 1998. B. EMOTIONS, RELATING, AND MATING 8. Back Off!, Geraldine K. Piorkowski, Psychology Today, January/February 1995. (and more...)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >