Massachusetts: The North Shore, Central Massachusetts and the Berkshiresby Christina Tree, William Davis
A complete traveler's resource to the "other" Massachusetts--the lightly traveledwestern three-quarters of the state--by two of the best travel writers in the business. Step beyond the heavily traveled tourist trail into the heart of New England with this encyclopedic guidebook to one of the country's most beautiful--and overlooked--travel destinations. Three-quarters of Massachusetts lies off the beaten track, and this new, completely revised and updated third edition will take you there. Here you'll find the state's rich history, inviting inns and spas, four-star restaurants and classic diners, scenic roads and fall foliage, and more.
* The North Shore, including Salem and Marblehead, Cape Ann, and Newburyport
* South of Boston, including Plymouth, New Bedford, and Fairhaven
* The culturally rich Five-College area of the Pioneer Valley
* Rugged hiking, classical music, and luxurious spas in the Berkshires
* More than 800 dining and lodging reviews
As in all Explorer's Guides, Massachusetts is independently researched and accepts no payment for listings. Special icons highlight bargains, family-friendly establishments, handicapped access, and lodgings that will accept your traveling pet. Detailed maps, a quick-reference "What's Where" section, and a comprehensive index make it easy to find your way around the state.
- Countryman Press, The
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.02(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.92(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >