Conrad Fischer, MD, is director of educational development for the department of medicine at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in New York City. Jamaica Hospital is a robust window on the world of medicine. Dr. Fischer is also chairman of medicine for Kaplan Medical, teaching USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3, Internal Medicine Board Review and Attending Recertification, and USMLE Step 1 Physiology. Dr. Fischer is associate professor of physiology, pharmacology, and medicine at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York City.
Master the Wards Internal Medicine Clerkship: Survive Clerkship & Ace the Shelfby Conrad Fischer
Master the Wards Internal Medicine Clerkship combines the advice of med school students on/i>/b>
The three-month Internal Medicine clerkship plunges senior med students into the hospital floor, the emergency department, and the clinic. What is expected of you? What should you expect? You need a "how to" book for your first clinical experience.
Master the Wards Internal Medicine Clerkship combines the advice of med school students on their third- and fourth-year rotations with the expectations of residents and attending teaching physicians. With charts, diagrams, and dozens of full-color diagnostic images, this concise guide will help you survive the daily challenges of clerkship—and thrive!
* How to prepare for rounding
* What residents look for on rounds, and what will you be asked
* How diseases present to the emergency department or ambulatory center, and how to quickly assess patients
* The most frequent chief complaint for each disease, in the words patients use
* When to treat immediately, before testing
* What tests are needed first
* How and when to prepare for case presentations
* How to write process notes
* Solid advice on efficiency and survival from peers who have been there
- Kaplan Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.70(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.50(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews