Mastering Autodesk VIZ 2007by George Omura, Scott Onstott, Jon McFarland
In Mastering Autodesk VIZ 2007, world-renowned AutoCAD expert George Omura and two VIZ experts teach you how to get the most out of Autodesk's potent 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software. As you follow real-world examples, you'll quickly see how to apply these techniques to your design projects. Whether you're entirely new to VIZ or simply want to master its newest features, this book offers the clear explanations and step-by-step instruction you need to make VIZ work for you.
- Finding your way around in VIZ
- Linking to AutoCAD files
- Modeling using primitive and compound objects
- Editing using modifers and sub-objects
- Creating complex shapes with surface modeling tools
- Managing your design data more efficiently
- Simulating lighting effects accurately with global illumination
- Rendering real-world surfaces with Architectural material
- Setting up animated walk-throughs
- Using radiosity to create accurate scene lighting
- Using mental ray to achieve the most realistic rendering
- Producing design presentation views
- Understanding keyframes and function curve editing
- Acquiring 3D models and props from the Web
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 187.39(w) x 233.60(h) x 54.60(d)
Meet the Author
George Omura is a licensed architect, award-winning Autodesk Authorized Author, and all-time bestselling AutoCAD author. Some of his other AutoCAD books include Just Enough AutoCAD 2007 and Mastering AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007 (Sybex).
Scott Onstott has contributed to more than a dozen books on AutoCAD and other applications, including Mastering Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 (Sybex).
Jon McFarland manages a property development company's design department, where he uses AutoCAD and VIZ to create visualizations of proposed facility construction and expansions. He has also taught VIZ, AutoCAD, and 3ds Max® courses at the university level.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >