Mastering Visual Basic .NET / Edition 1by Evangelos Petroutsos
Pub. Date: 01/28/2002
With the introduction of Visual Basic .NET, VB transcends its traditional second-class status to become a full-fledged citizen of the object-oriented programming, letting you access the full power of the Windows platform for the first time. Written bythe author of the best-selling Mastering Visual Basic 6 this/i>/b>
VB Programmers: Get in Step with .NET
With the introduction of Visual Basic .NET, VB transcends its traditional second-class status to become a full-fledged citizen of the object-oriented programming, letting you access the full power of the Windows platform for the first time. Written bythe author of the best-selling Mastering Visual Basic 6 this all-new edition is the resource you need to make a successful transition to .NET. Comprising in-depth explanations, practical examples, and handy reference information, its coverage includes:
- Mastering the new Windows Forms Designer and controls
- Building dynamic forms
- Using powerful Framework classes such as ArrayLists and HashTables
- Persisting objects to disk files
- Handling graphics and printing
- Achieving robustness via structured exception handling and debugging
- Developing your own classes and extending existing ones via inheritance
- Building custom Windows controls
- Building menus and list controls with custom-drawn items
- Using ADO.NET to build disconnected, distributed applications
- Using SQL queries and stored procedures with ADO.NET
- Facilitating database programming with the visual database tools
- Building web applications with ASP.NET and the rich web controls
- Designing web applications to access databases
- Using the DataGrid and DataList web controls
- Building XML web services to use with Windows and web applications
- Special topics like the Multiple Document Interface and powerful recursive programming techniques
Table of Contents
Part I: The Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with VB.NET.
Chapter 2: Visual Basic Projects.
Chapter 3: Visual Basic: The Language.
Chapter 4: Writing and Using Procedures.
Chapter 5: Working with Forms.
Chapter 6: Basic Windows Controls.
Chapter 7: More Windows Controls.
Part II: Rolling Your Own Objects.
Chapter 8: Building Custom Classes.
Chapter 9: Building Custom Windows Controls.
Chapter 10: Automating Microsoft Office Applications.
Part III: Basic Framework Classes.
Chapter 11: Storing Data in Collections.
Chapter 12: Handling Strings, Characters, and Dates.
Chapter 13: Working with Folders and Files.
Part IV: Intermediate Programming.
Chapter 14: Drawing and Painting with Visual Basic.
Chapter 15: Printing with VB.NET.
Chapter 16: The TreeView and ListView Controls.
Chapter 17: Error Handling and Debugging.
Chapter 18: Recursive Programming.
Chapter 19: The Multiple Document Interface.
Part V: Database Programming with VB.NET.
Chapter 20: Databases: Architecture and Basic Concepts.
Chapter 21: Building Database Applications with ADO.NET.
Chapter 22: Programming the ADO.NET Objects.
Part VI: VB.NET on the Web.
Chapter 23: Introduction to Web Programming.
Chapter 24: Accessing Data on the Web.
Chapter 25: XML Web Services.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >