MasteringEnvironmentalScience with Pearson eText Student Access Code Card for Environment: The Science Behind the Stories / Edition 4by Jay H. Withgott, Scott R. Brennan
Pub. Date: 09/29/2010
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>… See more details below
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Used by over a million science students, the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences. Pearson eText gives students access to the text whenever and wherever they can access the Internet. The eText pages look exactly like the printed text, and include powerful interactive and customization functions. This is the product access code card for MasteringEnvironmentalScience™ with Pearson eText and does not include the actual bound book.
Environment: The Science behind the Stories captures your interest with a revolutionary new approach to environmental science. Integrated central case studies woven throughout each chapter, use real-life stories to give you a tangible and engaging framework around which to learn and understand the science behind environmental issues. Printed on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified paper, the newly revised Fourth Edition engages you through the addition of new EnvisionIt photo essays and is now available with MasteringEnvironmentalScience™, the most effective and widely used learning and assessment system.
- Benjamin Cummings
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
1. Science and Sustainability:An Introduction to Environmental Science
2. Earth’s Physical Systems: Matter, Energy, and Geology
3. Evolution, Biodiversity, and Population Ecology
4. Species Interactions and Community Ecology
5. Environmental Systems and Ecosystem Ecology
6. Environmental Ethics and Economics: Values and Choices
7. Environmental Policy: Decision Making and Problem Solving
II. ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE SEARCH FOR SOLUTIONS
8. Human Population
9. Soil and Agriculture
10. Agriculture, Biotechnology, and the Future of Food
11. Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
12. Forests, Their Management, and Parks and Protected Areas
13. The Urban Environment: Creating Livable and Sustainable Cities
14. Environmental Health and Toxicology
15. Freshwater Systems and Resources
16. Marine and Coastal Systems and Resources
17. Atmospheric Science and Air Pollution
18. Global Climate Change
19. Fossil Fuels, Their Impacts, and Energy Conservation
20. Conventional Energy Alternatives
21. New Renewable Energy Alternatives
22. Managing Our Waste
23. Minerals and Mining
24. Sustainable Solutions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >