Now in its 4th edition, Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Therapist Guide updates, extends, and improves upon the most effective, evidence-based treatment program available for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.
- Program is now organized by skill, instead of by session so treatment can be tailored to the individual
- Presents breathing and thinking skills as methods for facing, rather than reducing fear and anxiety
- Focuses on learning how to face agoraphobic situations and the scary physical symptoms of panic from an entirely new perspective
- Includes a completely new chapter for adapting the treatment for effective delivery in 6 sessions within primary care settings
- Provides up-to-date information on pharmacology
Written and revised by the developers of the program, this book provides therapists will all the tools necessary to deliver effective treatment for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. It provides step-by-step instructions for teaching clients the skills to overcome their fear of panic and panic attacks, as well as case vignettes and techniques for addressing atypical and problematic responses.
This therapist guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that has been recommended for use by public health services around the world.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
1. Introductory Information for Therapists
2. The Nature of Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia
3. Learning to Record Panic and Anxiety
4. Negative Cycles of Panic and Agoraphobia
5. Panic Attacks are Not Harmful
6. Establishing your Hierarchy of Agoraphobia Situations
7. Breathing Skills
8. Thinking Skills
9. Facing Agoraphobic Situations
10. Involving Others
11. Facing Physical Symptoms
13. Accomplishments, Maintenance, and Relapse Prevention
14. Modification for Primary Care Settings
About the Authors.
I developed a panic disorder in the last year. I sought help through a therapist provided by my HMO, who used this book. It works. If you work through the book and follow the instructions you will find relief from your panic attacks. I do highly recommend you find a therapist to help you through your panic and anxiety, that component of a program shouldn't be ignored. However this book could be used as an aide to another program and if you can't get into a program and have no other option but to self treat this book is incredible.
Was this review helpful? YesNoThank you for your feedback.Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.