Mastery of Your Specific Phobia: Client Workbook / Edition 2by Martin M. Antony, Michelle G. Craske, David H. Barlow
Pub. Date: 07/31/2006
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Mastery of Your Fears and Phobias, Second Edition, Workbook outlines a cognitive-behavioral treatment program for individuals who suffer from specific fears and phobias, including fear of blood, heights, driving, flying, water, and others. The program described in this workbook has proved to be the most effective treatment available for fears and phobias to date.… See more details below
Mastery of Your Fears and Phobias, Second Edition, Workbook outlines a cognitive-behavioral treatment program for individuals who suffer from specific fears and phobias, including fear of blood, heights, driving, flying, water, and others. The program described in this workbook has proved to be the most effective treatment available for fears and phobias to date. It has a success rate of up to 90% with as little as one treatment session. Based on the principles of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), this workbook teaches clients about the nature of their fear and how to overcome it through exposures and changing their negative thoughts.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Table of Contents
PART 1: Introduction to Specific Phobias and Their Treatment
2. Specific Phobias: Phenomenology
3. Specific Phobias: How do They Develop?
4. Specific Phobias: Learning About Your Specific Phobia
PART 2: General Principles of Treatment for Specific Phobias.
5. Specific Phobias: Developing a Treatment Plan
6. Specific Phobias: Changing Thoughts
7. Specific Phobias: Preparing for Exposure
8. Specific Phobias: Preparing for Exposure
PART 3: Strategies and Ideas for Various Specific Phobias.
9. Overcoming Blood, Injection and Injury Phobias
10. Overcoming Claustrophobia
11. Overcoming Animal and Insect Phobias
12. Overcoming Height Phobias
13. Overcoming Driving Phobias
14. Overcoming Flying Phobias
15. Overcoming Phobias of Storms, Water, Choking, or Vomiting
Suggested Additional Readings.
About the Authors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >