Mastery of Your Specific Phobia: Therapist Guide / Edition 2by Michelle G. Craske, David H. Barlow, Martin M. Antony
Pub. Date: 07/31/2006
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Specific Phobia is the most commonly occurring anxiety disorder with approximately 12.5% of the general population reporting at least one specific phobia during their lives. People may fear heights, flying, spiders, blood, water, and any other number of circumscribed objects or situations. Research has shown the most effective treatment for these fears and phobias… See more details below
Specific Phobia is the most commonly occurring anxiety disorder with approximately 12.5% of the general population reporting at least one specific phobia during their lives. People may fear heights, flying, spiders, blood, water, and any other number of circumscribed objects or situations. Research has shown the most effective treatment for these fears and phobias is an exposure-based, cognitive-behavioral program.
Written by renowned researchers, this Therapist Guide provides you with all the information you need to help your clients ease their anxiety and conquer their fears. Whether they are afraid of dentists, dogs, or driving, you can teach your clients the necessary skills to overcome their phobia in as little as a few weeks. The strategies outlined in this book include exposure exercises and cognitive restructuring techniques. The corresponding Workbook includes blank forms and records for tracking progress and allows the client to extend the therapeutic experience outside of the office. Together, both books form a comprehensive package that has proven to be the most effective and successful treatment available for specific phobia.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Table of Contents
1. Introductory Information for Therapists
PART 1. Introduction to Specific Phobias and their Treatment
2. Specific Phobias: Phenomenology
3. Specific Phobias: How do they Develop?
4. Specific Phobias: Learning About Your Specific Phobia
PART 2. General Principles of Treatment for Specific Phobias
5. Specific Phobias: Developing a Treatment Plan
6. Specific Phobias: Changing Thoughts
7. Specific Phobias: Preparing for Exposure
8. Specific Phobias: Specifics of Exposure
PART 3. Strategies and Ideas for Various Specific Phobias
9. Overcoming Blood, Injection, and Injury Phobias
10. Overcoming Claustrophobia
11. Overcoming Animal and Insect Phobias
12. Overcoming Height Phobias
13. Overcoming Driving Phobias
14. Overcoming Flying Phobias
15. Overcoming Phobias of Storms, Water, Choking, or Vomiting
Suggested Additional Readings.
About the Authors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >