Maternal-Child Nursing - Text with FREE Study Guide Package / Edition 2by Emily Slone McKinney, Susan R. James, Sharon Smith Murray, Jean Ashwill
Pub. Date: 06/08/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This convenient, money-saving package includes the McKinney: Maternal-Child Nursing, 2e text plus a companion Study Guide at no extra cost! The textbook covers both the maternity and pediatrics portions of the nursing curriculum. A condensed format makes this book ideal for programs that teach this content in an extremely abbreviated time period. Written by… See more details below
This convenient, money-saving package includes the McKinney: Maternal-Child Nursing, 2e text plus a companion Study Guide at no extra cost! The textbook covers both the maternity and pediatrics portions of the nursing curriculum. A condensed format makes this book ideal for programs that teach this content in an extremely abbreviated time period. Written by expert educators in both arenas, this text provides a consistent level of depth and accuracy as well as a student-friendly writing style. Current issues and trends are addressed through the use of community nursing care plans, expanded health promotion content, enhanced communication tips, and parent/child teaching boxes.
• Want to Know boxes guide the student in teaching women, parents, and children about self-care and follow-up home care.
• Critical to Remember boxes alert the student to vital safety and care issues.
• Critical Thinking exercises challenge the student to apply learning to practice. Suggested answers and rationales appear at the end of chapters.
• Procedure boxes highlight step-by-step instructions for common clinical nursing tasks.
• Communication Cues offer tips for obtaining information from women, children, and parents, including probing questions and other practical examples.
• Nursing Care Plans guide the student through assessment, nursing diagnoses, expected outcomes, nursing interventions, rationales, and evaluation for specific maternity and pediatric conditions.
• Drug Guides provide a quick reference for common medications.
• Clinical Pathways summarize maternity care guidelines and illustrate the use of pathways as a means of organizing care.
• A Clinical Reference section opens pediatric Alterations chapters, providing an overview of anatomy and physiology, pediatric differences, and common lab and diagnostic tests.
• Pathophysiology boxes in the pediatric unit describe how diseases develop.
• Photo Stories in the pediatric unit offer a visual "how-to guide" to featured nursing functions.
• Companion CD-ROM reinforces learning with NCLEX® examination-style review questions, an audio glossary, and outlines of nursing skills.
• Pediatric Health Promotion boxes outline APA-recommended well-child visits, milestones for growth and development, health screening and immunizations, and anticipatory guidance.
• Pediatric health priorities, as identified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, are highlighted in Healthy People 2010 boxes to assist the student in formulating pediatric health promotion goals.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.10(h) x 3.20(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction to Maternal-Child Health Nursing
1. Foundations of Maternity and Child Health Nursing
2. The Nurse's Role in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
3. The Childbearing and Child-Rearing Family
4. Health Promotion for the Developing Child
5. Health Promotion for the Infant
6. Health Promotion During Early Childhood
7. Health Promotion for the School-Age Child
8. Health Promotion for the Adolescent
9. Heredity and Environmental Influences on Development
Maternity Nursing Care
10. Management of Fertility and Infertility
11. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
12. Conception and Prenatal Development
13. Physiologic Adaptations to Pregnancy
14. Psychosocial Adaptations to Pregnancy
15. Nutrition for Childbearing
16. Prenatal Diagnostic Tests
17. Giving Birth
18. Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
19. Pain Management for Childbirth
20. Nursing Care during Obstetric Procedures
21. Postpartum Adaptations
22. The Normal Newborn: Adaptation and Assessment
23. The Normal Newborn: Nursing Care
24. Newborn Feeding
25. The Childbearing Family with Special Needs
26. The Pregnant Woman with Complications
27. The Woman with an Intrapartum Complication
28. The Woman with a Postpartum Complication
29. The High-Risk Newborn: Problems Related to Gestational Age and Development
30. The High-Risk Newborn: Acquired and Congenital Conditions
31. Women's Health Care
Pediatric Nursing Care
32. Communicating with Children and Families
33. Physical Assessment of Children
34. Emergency Care of the Child
35. The Ill Child in the Hospital and Other Care Settings
36. The Child with a Chronic Condition or Terminal Illness
37. Principles and Procedures for Nursing Care of Children
38. Medicating Infants and Children
39. Pain Management For Children
40. The Child with an Infectious Disease
41. The Child with an Immunologic Alteration
42. The Child with a Fluid and Electrolyte Alteration
43. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Alteration
44. The Child with a Genitourinary Alteration
45. The Child with a Respiratory Alteration
46. The Child with a Cardiovascular Alteration
47. The Child with a Hematologic Alteration
48. The Child with Cancer
49. The Child with an Integumentary Alteration
50. The Child with a Musculoskeletal Alteration
51. The Child with an Endocrine or Metabolic Alteration
52. The Child with a Neurologic Alteration
53. The Child with a Psychosocial Disorder
54. The Child with a Cognitive Impairment
55. The Child with a Sensory Alteration
A. Laboratory Values in Pregnant and Nonpregnant Women and in the Newborn
B. Use of Drugs and Botanical Preparations during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
C. Recommendations for Preventive Pediatric Health Care
D. Recommended Childhood Immunizations
E. Growth Charts
F. Denver Developmental Screening Test II
G. Normal Blood Pressure Readings for Children
H. Common Pediatric Laboratory Tests and Normal Values
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >