Maternity Nursing - Revised Reprint / Edition 8by Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, Shannon E. Perry, Mary Catherine Cashion
Pub. Date: 12/09/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Designed to meet the needs of today’s students, Lowdermilk’s Maternity Nursing, 8th Edition - Revised Reprint addresses the fundamentals of maternity nursing with a concise, focused presentation of the care of women during the childbearing years. Integrating considerations for family, culture, and health promotion into the continuum of/b>/b>… See more details below
Designed to meet the needs of today’s students, Lowdermilk’s Maternity Nursing, 8th Edition - Revised Reprint addresses the fundamentals of maternity nursing with a concise, focused presentation of the care of women during the childbearing years. Integrating considerations for family, culture, and health promotion into the continuum of care, it also addresses community-based care to emphasize that nursing care takes place in many settings. Maternity Nursing focuses on childbearing issues and concerns, including care of the newborn, as well as wellness promotion and management of common women’s health problems.
• Critical thinking exercises present case studies of real-life situations and corresponding critical thinking questions to help you develop your analytical skills.
• NEW! A helpful appendix identifies text content that reflects the QSEN competencies - patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics - to assist you in developing competencies to provide safe and effective nursing care.
• NEW! Focus on the family recognizes the nurse’s need to integrate the family in the care of the mother and newborn and the importance of the role of the mother to the wellbeing of the family.
• NEW! Content updates throughout, including information on the late preterm infant and associated concerns such as feeding; guidelines on prioritization and delegation where relevant; and centering pregnancy, a new model of health care that brings women together in groups for their care.
• NEW! Evidence-based practice content focuses your attention on how to use current research to improve patient outcomes.
• NEW! Improved readability helps you learn more efficiently with shorter, more focused content discussions.
• NEW! 21st Century Maternity Nursing: Culturally Competent, Community Focused chapter combines introductory material, culture, and community into one chapter to help you focus on key content and concepts.
• NEW! Streamlined content highlights the most essential, need-to-know information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
1.21st Century Maternity Nursing: Culturally Competent, Community Focused
UNIT ONE: REPRODUCTIVE YEARS
2.Assessment and Health Promotion
4.Contraception, Abortion, and Infertility
UNIT TWO: PREGNANCY
5.Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development
6.Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
7.Nursing Care of the Family during Pregnancy
8.Maternal and Fetal Nutrition
UNIT THREE: CHILDBIRTH
9.Labor and Birth Processes
10.Management of Discomfort
11.Fetal Assessment during Labor
12.Nursing Care of the Family during Labor and Birth
UNIT FOUR: POSTPARTUM PERIOD
13.Maternal Physiologic Changes
14.Nursing Care of the Family during the Fourth Trimester
15.Transition to Parenthood
UNIT FIVE: THE NEWBORN
16.Physiologic and Behavioral Adaptations
17.Assessment and Care of the Newborn and Family
18.Newborn Nutrition and Feeding
UNIT SIX: COMPLICATIONS OF CHILDBEARING
19.Assessment for Risk Factors
20.Pregnancy at Risk: Preexisting Conditions
21.Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Conditions
22.Labor and Birth at Risk
24.The Newborn at Risk
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >