- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher"... 18 review articles ... offer advanced students and researchersa quick, to-the-point introduction..."
Mathematical Tools for Physicists is a unique collection of 18 carefully reviewed articles, each one written by a renowned expert working in the relevant field. The result is beneficial to both advanced students as well as scientists at work; the former will appreciate it as a comprehensive introduction, while the latter will use it as a ready reference.
The contributions range from fundamental methods right up to the latest applications, including:
- Algebraic/ analytic / geometric methods
- Symmetries and conservation laws
- Mathematical modeling
- Quantum computation
The emphasis throughout is ensuring quick access to the information sought, and each article features:
- an abstract
- a detailed table of contents
- continuous cross-referencing
- references to the most relevant publications in the field, and
- suggestions for further reading, both introductory as well as highly specialized.
In addition, a comprehensive index provides easy access to the vast number of key words extending beyond the range of the headlines.
Fourier and Other Mathematical Transforms
Monte Carlo Methods
Symmetries and Conservation Laws