Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory / Edition 2by Lorraine J. Doucette
Pub. Date: 03/12/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory is a comprehensive text that teaches you how to perform the clinical calculations used in each area of the laboratory and helps you achieve accurate results. This second edition features even more examples and practice problems. This edition ensures your success by using proven learning techniques focused on practice and… See more details below
Mathematics for the Clinical Laboratory is a comprehensive text that teaches you how to perform the clinical calculations used in each area of the laboratory and helps you achieve accurate results. This second edition features even more examples and practice problems. This edition ensures your success by using proven learning techniques focused on practice and repetition to demonstrate how you will use math in the lab every day!
• New content increases the comprehensiveness of the text
• Charts and diagrams allow you to picture how calculations work and are applied to laboratory principles
• Chapter outlines show what to expect from each chapter and how the topics flow and connect to each other
• Practice problems act as a self-assessment tool to aid in reviewing the material.
• Significantly updated chapters include calculations that are currently in use in laboratories.
• More problems and examples applicable to real-life situations have been added to all chapters for additional practice.
• A companion Evolve website features a test bank, electronic image collection, PowerPoint slides, practice quizzes, additional examples of calculations, and student practice problems.
• Chapter on the molecular laboratory familiarizes you with the most current information about the critical area of clinical laboratory science.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Basic Arithmetic, Rounding Numbers, and Significant Figures 1
Chapter 2 Scientific Notation and Logarithms 32
Chapter 3 Systems of Measurement 56
Chapter 4 Dilutions and Titers 75
Chapter 5 Molarity and Normality 94
Chapter 6 Calculations Associated with Solutions 134
Chapter 7 Clinical Chemistry Laboratory 158
Chapter 8 Urinalysis Laboratory 212
Chapter 9 Hematology Laboratory 230
Chapter 10 Immunohematology Laboratory 264
Chapter 11 Microbiology Laboratory 276
Chapter 12 Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory 284
Chapter 13 Quality Assurance in the Clinical Laboratory: Basic Statistical Concepts 292
Chapter 14 Quality Assurance and Quality Control in the Clinical Laboratory 314
Chapter 15 Instrument and Method Assessment 344
Answer Key 384
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >