Mathematics Methods for Elementary and Middle School Teachers / Edition 4by Mary M. Hatfield, Nancy Tanner Edwards, Gary G. Bitter, Jean Morrow
The Fourth Edition of Mathematic Methods for Elementary and Middle School exhibits the authors' continuing commitment to integrate technology with hands-on experience. Mathematics Methods is also one of the only texts to highlight mathematical contributions from other cultures. Here are some of the exciting new features of the Fourth/b>/i>/b>/i>… See more details below
The Fourth Edition of Mathematic Methods for Elementary and Middle School exhibits the authors' continuing commitment to integrate technology with hands-on experience. Mathematics Methods is also one of the only texts to highlight mathematical contributions from other cultures. Here are some of the exciting new features of the Fourth Edition:
The Free CD-ROM - Packaged inside every copy of the Fourth Edition is a dual platform CD-ROM offering a host of activities. Authentic classroom footage is captured on 18 Video Vignettes (8 more than the Third Edition!). You will be able to watch real teacher-student interaction, see hard to teach math concepts taught well, and use the videos as a motivator for your own students.
There are 15 pages of Colored Patterns ready to download for immediate use in your own classroom. The art program is included on the CD and it also offers additional exercises, internet links, software resources and computer activities.
On-Line Study Guide - The way to achieve better math scores is with extra help. Therefore the Fourth Edition includes an On-Line Study Guide available through our website: www.wiley.com/college/hatfield. Use it to explore new ways to help you stay on top of your math learning.
Some other features of the Fourth Edition includes:
- New NCTM Principles and Standards for School Mathematics 2000 - Be one of the first to use activities keyed to the new standards.
- Culturally Relevant Mathematics - Celebrate the great math contribution of many cultures and share ready-made lessons with your own students.
- Special Needs Students - Alternative ways to handle misconceptions are found ready to use in every concept chapter.
- Portfolio Ideas for Job Interviews and Accreditation Requirements - Contains suggestions that are compatible with the new emphasis on performance-based work for NCATE - INTASC - NBPTS - and - NATIONAL TESTING
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 4th Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.14(w) x 9.78(h) x 0.85(d)
Table of Contents
The Past, Present, and Future of Mathematics Education.
Culturally Relevant Mathematics
How Children Learn Mathematics.
Assessment in Mathematics.
Geometry and Spatial Reasoning.
Number Readiness—Early Primary Mathematics.
Numeration and Number Sense.
Operations and Number Sense.
Operations with Whole Numbers.
Common Fractions and Decimals.
Percent, Ratio, Proportion, and Rate.
Number Theory, Patterns, and Functions, and Algebra.
Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >