Mathematics, Student Solutions Manual: An Applied Approach / Edition 8by Michael Sullivan, Abe Mizrahi
Pub. Date: 03/19/2004
Continuing its rich tradition of engaging students and demonstrating how mathematics applies to various fields of study, the new edition of this text is packed with real data and real-life applications to business, economics, social and life sciences. Users continually praise Sullivan and Mizrahi for their attention to conceptual development, well-graded and… See more details below
Continuing its rich tradition of engaging students and demonstrating how mathematics applies to various fields of study, the new edition of this text is packed with real data and real-life applications to business, economics, social and life sciences. Users continually praise Sullivan and Mizrahi for their attention to conceptual development, well-graded and applied examples and exercise sets that include CPA, CMA, and Actuarial exam questions. The new Eighth Edition also features a new full color design and improved goal-oriented pedagogy to facilitate understanding, including:
- More opportunities for the use of graphing calculator, including screen shots and instructions.
- Icons clearly identify each opportunity for the use of spreadsheets or graphing calculator.
- Work problems appear throughout the text, giving the student the chance to immediately reinforce the concept or skill they have just learned.
- Chapter Reviews contain a variety of features to help synthesize the ideas of the chapter, including: Objectives Check, Important Terms and Concepts, True-False Items,Fill in the Blanks, Review Exercises, Mathematical Questions from Professional Exams (CPA).
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Solution M
- Product dimensions:
- 8.52(w) x 11.08(h) x 1.78(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter1. Linear Equations.
Chapter 2. Systems of Linear Equations; Matrices.
Chapter 3. Linear Programming: Geometric Approach.
Chapter 4. Linear Programming: Simplex Method.
Chapter 5. Finance.
Chapter 6. Sets; Counting Techniques.
Chapter 7. Probability.
Chapter 8. Additional Probability Topics.
Chapter 9. Statistics.
Chapter 10. Functions and Their Graphs.
Chapter 11. Classes of Functions.
Chapter 12. The Limit of a Function.
Chapter 13. The Derivative of a Function.
Chapter 14. Applications: Graphing Functions; Optimization.
Chapter 15. The Integral of a Function and Applications.
Chapter 16. Other Applications and Extensions of the Integral.
Chapter 17. Calculus of Functions of Two or More Variables.
Appendix A. Review.
Appendix B. Using LINDO to Solve Linear Programming Problems.
Appendix C. Graphing Utilities.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >