- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As with previous editions, the new edition has been revised and rewritten with the full and active involvement of a group of consultant psychiatrists and trainees.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
"The Maudsley Handbook is ... a valuable introductory handbook in terms of its discussion of the psychiatric interview and assessment."--Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience
1. The psychiatric interview with adults
2. Special assessments with adults
3. The psychiatric interview with children
4. The mental state examination
5. Neuropsychiatric assessment
6. The formulation, the summary and progress notes
7. Special interview situations
8. Special problems
9. When to refer to experts
10. Early treatments
11. Things you need to know about
Posted November 11, 2009
FOR THE MAUDSLEY TRAINEE IT WAS A MUST TO DEAL WITH THIS GUIDE (BACK IN MY TIME IT WAS A FEW PAGES BOOKLET) IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO PROPERLY A GOOD MENTAL HISTORY/STATE AND OF COURSE A FORMULATION.
I WAS SURPRISED HOW WELL ORGANIZED IS THIS NEW BIG BIG VERSION.
STILL VERY CONCISE AND PRACTICAL.