- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Maximum Impact Short-Term Mission" helps church mission leaders and other organizers of mission trips who want to reduce their risks and improve their outcomes, to better understand what they can do mitigate potential problems while maximizing all areas of effectiveness for everyone involved. Its unique insight comes from three practitioners who bring 70+ collective years of first-hand experience working with thousands of short-termers in dozens of nations around God's world.
The most recent April 2008 second print run of this 285-page exhaustive perfect-bound paperback still features everything you need to know to organize a short-term mission program with maximum impact and maximum effectiveness. This insight-laden book includes:
• the exceptionally helpful 9-cell planning matrix "MISTM-Grid"
• the must-plan time frames (pre-field, on-field, post-field)
• the must-include people (senders, goers, receivers)
• ground-breaking, solid STM theology (OT & NT)
• historical overview of STM using more than 40 case studies of actual churches, agencies, and schools which send STMs
• excellent tables and illustrations to capture summarized snapshots of the critical pieces of Christian short-term missions.
What some experts have to say concerning "Maximum Impact Short-Term Mission":
• Dr. Ralph Winter calls this book "the Bible" of the short-term mission movement.
• Rev. Paul Borthwick calls it "the most comprehensive resource on short-term Mission available."
• Rev. Dr. Roberta Hestenes says, "Churches, pastors, mission committees, colleges, single workers, and others involved in short-term mission NEED THIS BOOK!"