Mayo Clinic is one of the world's oldest and largest multispecialty group practices. Since 1904, millions of people from all walks of life have found answers at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!by Mayo Clinic
In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!,
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Is that twinge in your chest heartburn or a heart problem? In 2006, more than 600,000 Americans-26% of all deaths in the US that year-died of heart disease, making it our nation's #1 killer. Now, Mayo Clinic provides a comprehensive, step by-step plan to reduce the risks and life-changing effects of heart disease.
In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!, Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
* The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
* A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
* An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
* Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
* Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
* Background on cholesterol's role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
* How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
* How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
* How to raise heart-healthy children
* ...and more
- BN ID:
- Time Home Entertainment Inc.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 13 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I have purchased many books so I could learn how to lower my cholesterol and protect my heart. This was the only book that broke down every aspect I needed to do so. I am very impressed by the method. It's not easy changing bad habits but this book helped me through those challenges. I would recommend this book to everyone!
A must read for seniors
I have been wanting to get this book for awhile now, but alas other "more fun" books always seemed to get ordered. A wealth of information, common sense and down to earth to understand. Sign of a book like this are the questions it raises and thirst to seek deeper insights. This book does that, plenty of information here, but also pushes you to look for more.