Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCDST Exam 70-272—and on the job—with this official Microsoft study guide, fully updated for Windows XP Service Pack 2. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions.
The Readiness Review Suite on CD, featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp, provides 425 challenging questions for in-depth self-assessment and practice. You can choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on specific objectives. You get expert exam tips and detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning how to:
- Configure, customize, and support Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Office Outlook
- NEW—Configure and support Microsoft Internet Explorer, including Pop-up Blocker and other new features
- Troubleshoot usability, customization, and connectivity issues
- Manage application security permissions and settings
- UPDATED—Set up and troubleshoot Windows Firewall and monitor antivirus software
- NEW—Keep your applications current with Microsoft Update and Automatic Updates
Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/10. Details inside.
- Fully reengineered self-paced study guide with expert exam tips.
- Readiness Review Suite featuring 425 questions and multiple testing options.
- Case scenarios and troubleshooting labs for real-world expertise.
- NEW—120-day evaluation version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition with Service Pack 2.
- Fully searchable eBook.
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook.
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.