EXAM PREP GUIDES
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by the three required MCPD: Windows Developer exams—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and labs.
Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your exam performance with preparation for:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation
- Use types, collections, and generics to manage data
- Validate input and reformat text
- Develop services, application domains, and multithreaded applications
- Implement Code Access Security, role-based security, and data encryption
- Work with serialization and reflection techniques
- Instrument applications with logging and tracing
- Interact with legacy code using COM Interop and PInvoke
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Windows-Based Client Development
- Configure Windows Forms and manage layout of the user interface
- Create lists, buttons, tool strips, and menus
- Set up and manage connections to databases
- Implement data-bound controls to display information to users
- Read, validate, and write XML
- Enhance usability, accessibility, and user assistance
- Use ClickOnce to configure installation and deployment
Designing and Developing Windows-Based Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Build and validate a Windows client application prototype
- Create a consistent user interface using MDI, SDI, and control grouping
- Design, develop, and implement Windows client application components
- Develop mechanisms for data access, exception handing, event logging, and application feedback
- Define, assess, and implement a testing strategy
- Validate a deployment plan to determine readiness
Your all-in-one kit includes:
- Official self-paced study guides for three required exams.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 1275+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios and lab exercises.
- Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual C# code samples on CD.
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft; good for three exams. (Limited time offer). Voucher inside.
- 90-day evaluation version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition.
- Fully searchable eBooks for all three guides.