Ace your preparation for the core MCSE networking system exams with in-depth training and practice—all in one box. Now updated for Service Pack 1, these four Microsoft study guides pack the resources you need to help maximize your success on exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, and 70-294—and on the job.
Work at your own pace through the lessons, hands-on exercises, troubleshooting labs, and review questions. You get expert exam tips plus a full review section covering all objectives and subobjectives in each study guide. Then use the Readiness Review Suite on CD—featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp—to challenge yourself with 1700 questions for self-assessment and practice!
Maximize your exam performance with the latest information for:
Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- UPDATED—Create and manage users, groups, and computer accounts
- Manage file and share permissions
- Help control Web server access and manage sites with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- UPDATED—Manage hardware devices, disk storage, software, and print services
- NEW—Administer software updates with Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
- UPDATED—Perform system recovery, including new information about Emergency Management Services (EMS)
Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- Install and configure TCP/IP and use DHCP to manage IP addressing
- UPDATED—Configure and manage DNS clients, servers, and zones
- NEW—Administer updates with WSUS and Post-Setup Security Updates (PSSU)
- UPDATED—Implement and administer security procedures, and use SP1 security enhancements
- UPDATED—Monitor traffic, troubleshoot connectivity, and resolve service issues
Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- Plan TCP/IP network infrastructure, topology, and Internet connectivity
- Configure server roles and baseline security settings
- UPDATED—Plan routing and remote access strategies, including new information on Network Access Quarantine Control
- UPDATED—Design and administer a security infrastructure
- NEW—Identify and deploy critical updates with update management tools
- Deploy IPSec, harden servers, and manage certificates
- Maintain server availability with clusters and network load balancing
Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- Plan, install, and configure and Active Directory infrastructure
- UPDATED—Manage forest and domain structure and site replication
- Create and manage OU structure and user and group accounts
- Plan Group Policy strategy using Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP)
- NEW—Use the new Security Configuration Wizard for user and computer security settings
- Manage and troubleshoot Group Policy and Active Directory performance
Your training kit includes:
- Readiness review suite on CD with 1700 questions and multiple testing options
- Detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—and a customized learning path
- 180-day evaluation version of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Fully searchable eBooks of all four study guides.
- NEW—Microsoft Windows Scripting Self-Paced Learning Guide eBook.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Sampler, with excerpts from other Microsoft Press reference books.
- NEW—Demos, white papers, and other bonus materials