- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Get ready for the Windows 2000 MCSE core exams with the most challenging practice tests available. The updated Sybex EdgeTest features:
* All chapter review questions and two bonus exams
* Simulated adaptive testing
* Support for select and place and diagram question formats
Use the Electronic Flashcards to reinforce key exam topics and for last-minute review!
* Identify weak spots and subject areas that require more study
* Two versions available--PC and Palm devices
Prepare for Microsoft's tough simulation question formats with the advanced WinSim 2000 program!
* Simulations provide step-by-step instructions to guide you through key Windows 2000 procedures
* Movie walkthroughs include insightful commentary from authors
Enjoy the portability and searchability of the books in digital format!
* Study anytime, anywhere with the PDFs of the complete study guide
* Look up thousands of computer and networking terms in the completely searchable Dictionary of Networking
You also should consider possible upgrade problems or known issues. This is especially important if you are upgrading from Windows 9x, because the upgrading process is not as smooth as it is when you are starting from a Windows NT system. An example of an upgrade issue is lack of support in Windows 2000 for applications or utilities that use virtual device drivers. You'll find a discussion of these issues in this chapter.
There are several tasks you should perform to prepare your computer before you start the upgrade process. This chapter provides an upgrade checklist to help you plan your upgrade strategy. The checklist includes items such as deleting any unnecessary files or applications and taking an inventory of your computer's configuration.
Finally, after you've made your preparations, you are ready for the big moment. Here, you will learn about all of the steps involved in the Windows 2000 upgrade process.
Upgrade packs are used to make any changes to your Windows 9x or Windows NT applications that are required to make the application work properly in Windows 2000. The final section of this chapter describes how to apply upgrade packs.
You should perform an upgrade if the following conditions are true:
MCSE: Windows 2000 Server Study Guide
MCSE: Windows 2000 Directory Services Administration Study Guide
MCSE: Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration Study Guide