Media Selling: Television, Print, Internet, Radioby Charles Warner
- A classic in this field, this book has long served students and professionals in broadcasting and media industries as an
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This newly revised and updated edition of Media Selling addresses the significant changes that have taken place in media industries over the last few years, while continuing as a seminal resource for information on media sales.
- A classic in this field, this book has long served students and professionals in broadcasting and media industries as an indispensable tool for learning, training, and mastering sales techniques for electronic media
- Addresses the unprecedented consolidation and sweeping change faced by media industries in recent years, and now features greatly expanded coverage of the Internet, including video streaming and the impact of social network sites
- Covers a broad span of media industries and issues, including: electronic media, newspapers, magazines, outdoor/billboard promotion, sales ethics, emotional intelligence, and interactive media selling
- Fully updated to include much greater focus on national and international media sales issues, as well as expanded coverage of network-level selling, product placement, sales promotion use of market data
What People are Saying About This
“Charlie Warner has trained more professionals in the art and science of selling radio, television, print, and interactive than anyone else. I've had the opportunity to witness his insights at work, and this book is an invaluable tool for anyone hoping to succeed in media selling." Bob Pittman, Founding Member of Pilot Group, Co-Founder of MTV and former CEO of MTV Networks and COO of AOL and AOL Time Warner
"Media Selling is the preeminent text for anyone considering a career or currently employed in sales. Incorporating traditional and new media, it details both the theory and real world practice of selling. Simply put, if you want to do sales well, Media Selling is a must read. It's the only book I will use.” Darryl Smith, University of West Florida
“Charlie Warner’s Media Selling is a complete, thorough playbook that expertly explores how to win in today's cross-selling media environment." George Bodenheimer, CEO of ESPN and ABC Sports
Meet the Author
Charles Warner is a media sales and management consultant/trainer and an active blogger at www.mediacurmudgeon.com. He teaches at The New School in New York, and is the Goldenson Chair Emeritus at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. He was the Vice President of AOL’s Interactive Marketing division until his retirement in 2002.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews