Media Selling: Broadcast, Cable, Print, and Interactive / Edition 3by Charles Warner, Joseph Buchman
Author Charles Warner has done it again. In Media Selling: Broadcast, Cable, Print, and Interactive, Third Edition, Warner recrafts has landmark text, Broadcast and Cable Selling, to meet the needs of students and professionals in all of the advertising-supported media. Like its processor, Warner’s latest effort is an indispensable tool for learning,/i>… See more details below
Author Charles Warner has done it again. In Media Selling: Broadcast, Cable, Print, and Interactive, Third Edition, Warner recrafts has landmark text, Broadcast and Cable Selling, to meet the needs of students and professionals in all of the advertising-supported media. Like its processor, Warner’s latest effort is an indispensable tool for learning, training, and mastering sales and negotiating techniques for the media.
In the last decade, the media industries have experienced unprecedented consolidation and sweeping change. The third edition of Media Selling addresses these significant industry changes and continues to be the seminal resource for information on media sales. The text includes in-depth and expanded information not only on broadcast and cable selling but also on newspapers, magazines, yellow pages, Interactive, and outdoor media-a necessary in an era of media convergence and cross-platform selling.
Praised by educators and sales training managers throughout the country, Media Selling: Broadcast, Cable, Paint, and Interactive, Third Edition advocates a solutions selling approach that one reviewer called "the best synthesis of behavioral psychology, common sense, and professional salesmanship I’ve ever read."
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 1.28(w) x 7.00(h) x 10.00(d)
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Part One: The Marketing/Media Ecology and Selling
1. The Marketing/Media Ecology.
2. Selling: Perspectives and Approaches.
3. Sales Ethics.
4. The AESKOPP System of Selling
Part Two: Attitude, Emotional Intelligence, and Skills
6. Emotional Intelligence.
7. Skills: Effective Communication, Effective Listening, and Understanding People.
8. Skills: Influence and Creating Value.
9. Skills: Prospecting and Identifying Problems.
10. Skills: Generating Proposals.
11. Skills: Presenting.
12. Skills: Negotiating and Closing.
13. Skills: Servicing
Part Three: Knowledge
14. Business and Finance (William Redpath).
15. Marketing (Tim Larson and Ken Foster).
16. Media Research (Joseph Buchman).
18. Newspapers (Thomas Stultz).
19. Broadcast Television (Mark Chassman).
20. Radio (Paul Talbot).
21. Cable Television (J. William Grimes).
22. Yellow Pages (Joseph Buchman).
23. Magazines (Phil Frank).
24. Internet (Vincent Thompson).
25. Outdoor (Joseph Buchman).
26. Media Comparisons: Advantages and Disadvantages
Part Four: Opportunities, Preparation, and Persistence.
27. Opportunities: Direct and Agency Selling.
28. Preparation and Persistence: Organization and Time Management
Part Five: The Future.
29. The Future of Media Selling (Joseph Buchman and Charles Warner) .
Part Six: Appendixes.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >