- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Medical Assisting Online is a ready-to-use online course that coordinates with Kinn's The Medical Assistant, 10th Edition. In this unique online world, you'll report for work to a fictitious medical practice, complete with virtual co-workers, physicians, and patients. With the help of an online mentor, you will be challenged to perform essential functions of the front and back office such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, taking vital signs, administering medications, and much more. This "on-the-job" experience helps you apply the skills and concepts presented in the text to real-life practice scenarios. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to test your understanding of important topics and improve your skills through valuable advice and feedback.
• Engaging Training Activities cover key curriculum competencies, guiding you step-by-step through important skills and encouraging you try them on your own.
• Self-comprehension questions and learning activities interspersed throughout allow you to check your comprehension and learn from feedback.
• Self-evaluation checklists at the end of each lesson help you review key objectives and check off the items you've mastered.
• Pop-up boxes provide further explanations, forms, or oversized figures, enabling you to "dig deeper" and see the tools and paperwork actually used on the job.
• Learning objectives are clearly stated at the beginning of each lesson, and revisited throughout in case you need more information on any topic.
• Ethical, legal, and communication-related considerations are addressed where appropriate, demonstrating how these issues can arise in many contexts and helping you decide the best course of action in a given situation.
• Automatically scored quizzes and exams help you evaluate your comprehension and check your grade at any time throughout the course.
• A glossary of definitions with audio pronunciations is linked to the appearance of each term, helping you learn the correct definitions in context.
• "Lounge Talk" allows you to review important concepts with your online mentor after completing each lesson.
• Discussion threads, chat rooms, and other communications tools help foster online collaboration with other students and the instructor.
Module 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting
Module 2: Basic Medical Administration
Module 3: Insurance and Basic Financial Management
Module 4: Medical Practice and Health Information Management
Module 1: Precautions for Patient Safety
Module 2: Preparing a Patient for a Physical Examination
Module 3: Assisting with Patient Examinations
Module 4: Collecting and Testing Laboratory Specimens
Module 5: Applying Pharmacology Principles for Patient Safety
Module 6: Assisting with Minor Office Surgery
Module 7: Testing to Assist with Patient Diagnosis
Module 8: Educating Patients for Compliance