Medical Language Instant Translator / Edition 2by Davi-Ellen Chabner
Pub. Date: 05/07/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This pocket-sized companion includes the tools needed to quickly analyze medical terms, accurately form medical plurals, understand clinical tests and diagnostic procedures, interpret medical laboratory tests, identify common prescription drugs and their uses, translate medical word parts to English, and translate from English to medical word parts. A quick reference, full-color anatomy orientation is included, as well as other helpful resources such as information on prescription drugs, diagnostic tests, abbreviations, and more.
- Provides portable, convenient access to key medical language information.
- Easy-to-use format helps readers quickly decipher complicated medical terms through recognizing and finding the meanings of individual word parts.
- Information on medical abbreviations, symbols, acronyms and professional designations is ideal for any fast-paced setting.
- A visual orientation and review of the body systems is presented through vibrant, full-color illustrations.
- An online mini-reference with websites and key web resources keeps information up-to-date and accessible.
- Surgical terminology easy-reference tables provide quick access to key surgical terms.
- A new section covering Classes of Drugs presents the major classes of drugs with examples in each class.
- Common medical terminology mistakes (i.e. ureter vs. urethra, or para vs. peri) alert users to potential errors.
- Expanded definitions of commonly used diagnostic tests and procedures help users understand the clinical context for words and phrases.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.02(w) x 7.34(h) x 0.58(d)
Table of Contents
• How to Analyze Medical Terms
• Glossary of Word Parts Used in Medical Terminology
Word Parts to English
English to Word Parts
• Definitions of Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
• Online mini-reference – with websites and key web resources
• Surgical Terminology Easy-Reference Tables
• Common Medical Terminology Mistakes
• Acronyms for Selected Health Care Organizations, Associations and Agencies
• Professional Designations for Health Care Providers
• Classes of Drugs with major classes of drugs and examples in each class.
• The Top 100 Principal Diagnoses and Associated Principal Procedures
• The Top Prescription Drugs (Listed Alphabetically)
• Normal Hematological Reference Values and Implications of Abnormal Results
• Cell Counts
• Coagulation Tests
• Red Blood Cell Tests
• Serum Tests
Body Systems Illustrations (Full-color insert)
• Index of Body Systems Illustrations
• Cardiovascular System (Aorta & Major Arteries)
• Cardiovascular System (Heart)
• Digestive System
• Endocrine System
• Integumentary System
• Lymphatic System
• Nervous System
• Reproductive SystemFemale
• Reproductive SystemMale
• Respiratory System
• Skeletal System
• Urinary System
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews