Medical Microbiology and Immunology Flash Cards, Updated Edition: with STUDENT CONSULT Online and Printby Ken S. Rosenthal
Pub. Date: 12/10/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Memorize essential microbiology knowledge easily thanks to these 324 full-color flash cards. They offer today's most effective assistance in mastering the microbiology, immunology, and infectious disease information you need to know. Each card summarizes an organism's special features, the diseases it can cause, and the available treatment options. Full-color… See more details below
Memorize essential microbiology knowledge easily thanks to these 324 full-color flash cards. They offer today's most effective assistance in mastering the microbiology, immunology, and infectious disease information you need to know. Each card summarizes an organism's special features, the diseases it can cause, and the available treatment options. Full-color illustrations depict microbial organisms and the clinical appearances of their related diseases. Case studies mirror the USMLE's emphasis on clinical applications. With their clinical focus and exquisite illustrations, these Flash Cards are a perfect review tool for course exams, as well as for the USMLE Step 1!
• Reviews each microbial organism's special features, the diseases it can cause, and the available treatment options.
• Emphasizes the clinical relevance of microbiology, and provides sample case studies on most cards.
• Presents USMLE-style study questions for extra exam preparation assistance.
• Offers outstanding full-color artwork and authoritative content derived from the 6th Edition of the best-selling Medical Microbiology text by Murray, Pfaller, and Rosenthal.
• Includes Student Consult online access to an interactive version of the flash cards!
• Interactive Online Flash Cards on Student Consult!
• These flash cards were developed by 3rd year medical students and their professor as a study aid for the USMLE Step 1 exam. In this interactive version, each card highlights the most important topics in microbiology, immunology and infectious diseases in an easy-to-review manner with a single topic on each interactive card.
• The different cards are formatted in the index as Microbe Cards, Concept Cards & Disease Cards.
• Microbe Cards provide pictures and data necessary to recognize, understand, diagnose and treat each of the microbial infections. The most important bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites have their own cards, but they might share their cards with less important microbes that are similar or in the same family. Most cards have:
• Full color pictures to trigger your memory or for fast identification
• Essential Facts to provide "need to know" characteristics of the microbe and likely topics for exams
• Trigger Words to provide the word associations that provide immediate association with the microbe on an exam or in the clinic
• Case Studies to provide familiarity with how the microbe will present in a patient or be presented in the case scenarios on the USMLE
• The Study Break provides an interesting sidelight about the microbe to take your mind off the detail and give you something to tell friends to make you sound as intelligent as you are
• The Details are presented in outline format and include structure, lab ID, virulence factors, diseases, epidemiology, and treatment
• Quick ID icons on bacteria cards easily identify gram-positive and -negative bacilli, cocci, and diplococci
• Concept Cards provide important concepts and details in easy-to-grasp charts, tables, and summaries are grouped into cards for immunology, antimicrobials, basic concepts, and laboratory identification.
• Disease Cards provide lists, tables, and charts that group the relevant microbes with their diseases, the disease signs, and other facts to provide an infectious disease overview to the material.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.50(w) x 6.20(h) x 2.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >