Medical Microbiology E-Bookby Patrick R. Murray, Ken S. Rosenthal, Michael A. Pfaller
Quickly learn the microbiology fundamentals you need to know with Medical Microbiology, 7th Edition, by Dr. Patrick R. Murray, Dr. Ken S. Rosenthal, and Dr. Michael A. Pfaller. Newly reorganized to correspond with integrated curricula and changing study habits, this practical and manageable text is clearly written and easy to use,/b>/i>/b>/b>
Quickly learn the microbiology fundamentals you need to know with Medical Microbiology, 7th Edition, by Dr. Patrick R. Murray, Dr. Ken S. Rosenthal, and Dr. Michael A. Pfaller. Newly reorganized to correspond with integrated curricula and changing study habits, this practical and manageable text is clearly written and easy to use, presenting clinically relevant information about microbes and their diseases in a succinct and engaging manner.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Master the essentials of medical microbiology, including basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology.
- Progress logically through consistently formatted chapters that examine etiology, epidemiology, disease presentation, host defenses, identification, diagnosis, prevention, and control for each microbe.
- Grasp complex material quickly with summary tables and text boxes that emphasize essential concepts and issues.
- Learn the most up-to-date and relevant information in medical microbiology.
- Study efficiently thanks to a reorganized format that places review chapters at the beginning of each section and review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Focus on clinical relevance with new interactive case presentations to introduce each of the microbial pathogens that illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Visualize the clinical presentations of infections with new and updated clinical photographs, images, and illustrations.
Description: This is an outstanding first text for a course on medical microbiology. In addition to various well-organized chapters on bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic pathogens, the authors have included an excellent section on basic principles of medical microbiology. The last edition of this text was published in 1990.
Purpose: The book has been written as a introductory level text covering the epidemiology, clinical syndrome, laboratory diagnosis, and treatment of a broad range of microbial pathogens responsible for causing clinical disease.
Audience: The primary audience for this text includes medical students, medical technology students, and upper-level undergraduate microbiology students interested in the field of medical microbiology.
Features: The book has several outstanding features. Each chapter has many excellent figures and tables, enhancing the overall instructional value of the text. Within each chapter, the authors have also carefully highlighted key words or phrases. This facilitates the student's e fforts to sort out the important facts or concepts associated with the various microbial pathogens. In addition, at the end of each chapter is a list of sentinel/recent literature citations that the student can use for further study. The text has only one minor shortcoming and that is a superficial coverage of the opportunistic mycoses. Yeast infections have emerged as a major problem in the critical care populations and I am sure that the authors will rectify this omission in future editions.
Assessment: The authors of medical microbiology in this third edition have again successfully developed a first-rate text covering the broad discipline of medical microbiology. Each chapter is well organized, containing numerous figures and tables. The authors are themselves outstanding educator-scientists and their collective experiences have been combined to produce an outstanding teaching text.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 30 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews