Medical Problems in Dentistry E-Bookby Crispian Scully
This text offers an authoritative account of general medical and surgical conditions as they apply to the practice of dentistry and oral healthcare. Now established as the standard reference on the subject, Medical Problems in Dentistry is essential for students learning for the first time or practitioners needing to keep up-to-date with their knowledge.
- Detailed coverage outlines the complete relevance of systemic diseases and their treatment to dentistry – essential knowledge for the whole dental team
- User-friendly format allows ease of access to information whether for exam revision purposes or for a specific issue confronting staff in a busy clinical environment
- Clearly written with excellent use of illustrations, the book is an essential, easy to use, reliable source of information
- Text completely updated and re-organised to increase focus on the more dentally-relevant aspects of medicine and subject areas that have undergone recent change
- Entries more fully alphabetized to improve access to information
- Accompanying ‘key points boxes’ highlight the most crucial aspects of specific medical conditions
- Content peer-reviewed by a specialist Advisory Board to ensure accuracy of information and the inclusion of the latest advances
- Additional coverage of autoinflammatory disorders, biological response modifiers, craniofacial transplantation, drug reactions, drug-resistant microbial infections, osteonecrosis, and immune reconstitution syndrome
- Completely new entries such as alternative and complementary medicine, health promotion, men’s issues and occupational health
- New national and international guidelines, selected recent references and up-to-date websites
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 61 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Crispian Scully is a Director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Oral Health-General Health; and is emeritus Professor at UCL. He is Co-Editor of Oral Diseases, Medicina Oral, and Associate Editor of the Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry.
Crispian Scully is Past-President of the International Academy of Oral Oncology, European Association of Oral Medicine, British Society for Oral Medicine and British Society of Disability and Oral Health, he has served as Dean in Bristol and UCL; on the General Dental Council; on the Councils of the Royals colleges in Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on committees of NICE and CRUK, He has written and edited over 45 books, written over 150 book chapters and has over 1000 papers cited on MEDLINE. He has received the CBE, University of Helsinki Medal of Honour, University of Santiago de Compostela Medal, University of Granada Medal, Fellowship of UCL, and honorary degrees from the Universities of Athens, Granada, Helsinki and Pretoria. He has received the UK Dental Award for the Most Outstanding Achievements in Dentistry, the Awards of the Spanish Society for Oral Medicine and the Hellenic Society for Oral Medicine, and the International Award of the Spanish Society for Oral Surgery.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews