Medical Terminology / Edition 3by Davi-Ellen Chabner, Davi-Ellen Chabner
Pub. Date: 10/09/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This easy-to-read, self-teaching worktext lets students learn by doing - writing terms, labeling diagrams, and completing fun exercises and review sheets. For the first time in full color, this concise edition uses the same tried-and-true method as Chabner's The Language of Medicine: it shows how medical terms can be broken down into smaller word parts to aid
This easy-to-read, self-teaching worktext lets students learn by doing - writing terms, labeling diagrams, and completing fun exercises and review sheets. For the first time in full color, this concise edition uses the same tried-and-true method as Chabner's The Language of Medicine: it shows how medical terms can be broken down into smaller word parts to aid in deciphering the word meanings. With extensive hands-on practice, repetition, and case studies, the thoroughly revised 3rd edition helps students acquire basic knowledge of body systems and practice using medical terms in proper context. It's everything students need to start their medical career!
Instructor resources are available to qualified adopters; contact your sales representative for more information.
• Self-teaching workbook format allows students to complete exercises, label diagrams, take pronunciation tests, and fill in review sheets - with answers provided to verify their understanding of the material.
• Practical case studies and vignettes illustrating medical terms show real-life applications of medical terminology.
• Informative and easily accessible appendices provide an excellent source of reference.
• Easy-to-understand style assumes no previous knowledge of science or biology.
• Organized in a logical format, with a highly visual approach for ease of learning.
• Full-color images throughout make terminology come alive, illustrating anatomical and pathological terms.
• A new section covering Classes of Drugs explains and lists major classes of drugs with examples in each class.
• More practical application exercises have been added throughout the text.
• More information of body systems provides a valuable, clinical context for word usage.
• Spanish glossary has been expanded to include even more helpful terms and translations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.54(w) x 9.42(h) x 0.59(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Basic Word Structure
Chapter 2 Organization of the Body
Chapter 3 Suffixes
Chapter 4 Prefixes
Chapter 5 Medical Specialists and Case Reports
Appendix I Body Systems
Appendix II Major Classes of Drugs
Appendix III Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Appendix IV Abbreviations and Symbols
Glossary of Medical Terms
Glossary of Word Parts
Glossary of English to Spanish Terms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >