Medical Terminology Systems: A Body Systems Approach (Text, Audio CD and Interactive Medical Terminology v2.0 CD-ROM)/Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 20E / Edition 5by Barbara A. Gylys, Mary Ellen Wedding
Pub. Date: 05/28/2005
Publisher: F. A. Davis Company
The new edition of this classic text uses a word-building and body systems approach to help your students learn medical terminology and achieve a high level of competence. It combines the format of a classroom teaching text with that of a workbook, focusing your students on the terms you want them to learn while also helping them develop an extensive medical vocabulary on their own.
* Uses word-building and body systems approach to teach terminology
* All new, full-color illustrations allow your students to understand the relationships between body parts and key structures of the body
* Medical records added to each body system chapter show your students how terms from medical records might be used in real-life situations
* Key terms added to the front of each chapter for quick review
* Flash card activity in every chapter enhances learning
* Common psychiatric terms are now included
* All-new audio CD includes Listen-and-Learn activities to help students with pronunciations
* Over 500 new audio pronunciations
* Extensive coverage of pathology helps students better understand human diseases and the medical terms pertinent to each
* Full learning package includes the text with audio CD-ROM to reinforce spelling, pronunciation, and meaning of the word all at once; along with Interactive Medical Terminology 2.0 CD-ROM, complete with crossword puzzles, drag-and-drop terminology exercises, and word scrambles
* Fully revised table format speeds learning and increases retention
* Includes a new appendix containing an alphabetical listing of generic and trade drugs, and includescorresponding pages in the text as a references
- F. A. Davis Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2 Books & 2 CDs Package
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.20(h) x 3.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I bought this rental through my college bookstore, and every time I try to open the book in Nook Study, it tells me it is unable to open the book because my credit card is invalid or expired (which it is not, I have checked and rechecked and rechecked), or it says the book is unavailable. And when I tried calling Customer Service DURING business hours, it said they are not open and to call back during business hours. Don't waste your money.
Make sure you ask the seller if they include BOTH books. Most DO NOT. You will probably only receive Medical Terminology Systems.
It was a requirment for school It was a great book, because it kept it simple on what was important to know and how to learn it.