Medicare Explained 2012by CCH Incorporated
Pub. Date: 12/28/2012
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Guzman, based in the United States with a PhD. in economics, and Pauwelyn, based in Europe with experience working for the WTO secretariat, bring an international and methodological perspective to this comprehensive text. Appropriate for a two- to three-hour international trade course, International Trade Law covers all aspects of WTO law, including trade/b>… See more details below
Guzman, based in the United States with a PhD. in economics, and Pauwelyn, based in Europe with experience working for the WTO secretariat, bring an international and methodological perspective to this comprehensive text. Appropriate for a two- to three-hour international trade course, International Trade Law covers all aspects of WTO law, including trade in goods, services, and TRIPS. Using classic and recent cases, stimulating questions and insightful explanatory material, this text provides a balance of positive and normative approaches, mixing legal decisions with analysis of the challenges facing the international trading system.
The Second Edition has been updated to include recent political and economic events, issues and policy debates, and supplements new developments in case law with additional questions and a revised Teacher’s Manual.
• Prepared by two leading WTO scholars – providing a balanced international and methodological perspective.
• Up-to-date, discriminating case selection presents both classic cases and recent doctrine.
• Contextualizes international trade issues with insights into key economic factors at work.
• Key WTO cases are edited and presented to illustrate and teach central concepts and doctrine.
• Illuminating introductory and explanatory material throughout .
• Helpful summaries of key teaching points are included in each chapter.
• Well-crafted questions stimulate class discussion on policy issues.
• Manageable length for two- and three-credit courses.
• Adaptable to graduate-level courses in international trade.
• Comprehensive Teachers Manual with answers to questions as well as teaching suggestions, tips, and supplementary material appropriate for class discussion.
• Complemented by a thorough and up-to-date documents supplement.
The Second Edition has been revised to include:
• Updates for currency, including:
• Transition from the Bush administration to the Obama administration.
• The global financial crisis.
• Deadlock in the Doha Round of trade talks.
• Impasse in regional trade deals.
• Protectionist pressure discussion, with examples from U.S. and Europe.
• Status of the EC – Hormones dispute.
• New EU GSP scheme.
• Coverage of debates on industrial policy, especially in China and other emerging countries.
• More extensive discussion of the negotiating history surrounding the mergence of the GATT in 1947.
• New case law, including:
• Key TRIPs cases.
• U.S.-China (Poultry)
• U.S. (Cotton 21.5).
• Colombia (Ports of Entry).
• Thai (Cigarettes).
• China (Audiovisuals).
• U.S. (AD & CVD).
• U.S. (Aircraft).
• U.S. (Tyres)
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Summary of Contents
Chapter 1 Trade and Economic Policy
Chapter 2 The Modern Trade Debate Among Economists
Chapter 3 The Making and Impact of Trade Agreements in National Legal Systems
Chapter 4 The WTO: History, Structure, and Future
Chapter 5 WTO Dispute Settlement
Chapter 6 Special Topics in WTO Dispute Settlement
Chapter 7 Tariffs
Chapter 8 Quantitative Restrictions
Chapter 9 National Treatment—Internal Taxation
Chapter 10 National Treatment—Internal Regulations
Chapter 11 Most-Favored-Nation Treatment
Chapter 12 Preferential Trade Agreements
Chapter 13 General Exceptions: GATT Article XX
Chapter 14 General Exceptions: The Chapeau of GATT Article XX
Chapter 15 Subsidies and Countervailing Duties
Chapter 16 Dumping and Anti-Dumping
Chapter 17 Safeguards
Chapter 18 Agreements on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
Chapter 19 Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade
Chapter 20 Trade in Services
Chapter 21 Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
Chapter 22 The WTO and Developing Countries
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >