- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Iowa City, IA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Medicine and Victory is the first comprehensive account of British military medicine in the Second World War since the publication of the official history in the early 1950s. Drawing on a wide range of official and non-official sources, the book examines medical work in all the main theatres of the war, from the front line to the base hospital. All aspects of medical work are covered, including the prevention of disease, and the disposal and treatment of casualties.
1. A Medical Service for a Modern Army?
2. Medicine in Retreat 1940-2
3. The Western Desert 1940-3
4. North Africa, Sicily, and Italy
5. Burma and North-East India
6. Medicine Victorious: North-West Europe 1944-5