I. LATE ANTIQUITY.
1. Art and Religion in Late Antiquity.
2. Constantine and the Arts of the 4th Century.
3. The 5th and 6th Centuries.
II. THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE.
4. Byzantine Art Before Iconoclasm.
5. Middle and Late Byzantine Art.
6. Byzantine Art and Italy .
III. THE EARLY MIDDLE AGES IN THE WEST.
7. Northern Traditions and Synthesis.
8. Carolingian Art and Architecture.
9. Diffusion and Diversity.
IV. MEDIEVAL ART AND ISLAM.
10. Islam in the Middle East .
11. Crusader Art and Architecture.
12. Islamic Spain .
V. THE ROMANESQUE.
13. Pilgrimage and Monasticism.
14. The Papacy and the Empire.
15. Normandy and Western France .
VI. THE LATE MIDDLE AGES.
16. French Gothic Art.
17. Saint Louis and Late Medieval France .
18. Gothic Styles in England and Spain .
19. Late Medieval Italy and Urban Monasticism.
20. Art and Mysticism in Late Medieval Germany .
22. Inventing the Middle Ages.
Timetables of Medieval History and Art.