Meltdown!by Paul D Lunde
Now, Paul Lunde's/i>/i>/i>
Thomas Paine's little book, Common Sense, sparked a revolution in the 18th century. Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin led to freedom for the slaves in the 19th century. And Tom Brokaw's The Greatest Generation chronicled the 20th century's victories over the twin challenges posed by the Depression and World War II.
Now, Paul Lunde's MELTDOWN! spotlights the major problems facing Americans early in the 21st century and offers common-sense solutions, but, as was the case with the others mentioned above, he can't do it alone; he needs your help. We, the people--that's all of us, acting together, can take this "book of real solutions to real problems" and make a difference!
Here they are: eleven of today's real problems, such as global warming, escalating gasoline prices, millions of Americans without health insurance, a need to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons, and major constitutional crises that threaten us in ways most Americans don't even realize. Take a look at the MELTDOWN! Table of Contents:
- Preventing a Meltdown Through Electoral Reform
- Health Insurance? Or Medical Care?
- Preemptive Nuclear War? Not!
- Amending to Amend
- A Grading System for the Twenty-First Century
- Airports for the Twenty-First Century
- The "Constitutional Rights" Scam
- How to Take Away the Congressional Credit Card
- Term Limits for Congress
- A Woman's Right to Choose
- Hurrying Hydrogen
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.28(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews