Mentoring New Special Education Teachers: A Guide for Mentors and Program Developers / Edition 1by Mary Lou Duffy, James W. Forgan
Pub. Date: 01/28/2005
Publisher: SAGE Publications
This field-tested guide provides everything you need to effectively support and mentor your special education teachers, increase their job satisfaction, and keep your retention rates high! See more details below
This field-tested guide provides everything you need to effectively support and mentor your special education teachers, increase their job satisfaction, and keep your retention rates high!
Table of Contents
Introduction: Overview Acknowledgments About the Authors
1. New Special Education Teachers Vignette Who Are New Special Education Teachers?
Where They Come From What New Special Education Teachers Need Supports ESE Mentors Can Provide Mentees Fears and Anxieties of New Teachers School Administrator's Role Assignment of New Teachers What If?
2. Supports for Special Education Teachers Vignette Uniqueness of Special Education Special Education Processes Professional Issues What If?
3. Designing Mentoring Programs Vignette Critical Elements for Designing Effective Mentoring Programs Roles and Responsibilities of the Mentor and Mentee Roles and Responsibilities of the School Administrator Mentor Selection Mentor Training E-Mentoring Mentoring Activities Calendar Action Planning Funding Mentoring Programs What If?
Online Resources for Designing Mentoring Programs References
4. Becoming a Mentor Vignette Who Should Be a Mentor?
What Do Mentors Do?
What Do Mentors Do When the Mentoring Relationship Isn't Working?
What Do Mentors Gain From the Experience?
5. Effective Communication Skills Vignette Effective Communication Skills Observing and Coaching Teaming: Working With Others Effectively Problem Solving What If?
6. Learning About Adult Learners Vignette Working With Adults Adult Learning Theory Styles of Learning/Personality Types What If?
References Resource A: Action Plans Resource B: CEC Standards and Mentoring Resources Resource C: Professional Resources Resource D: Mentor Workshop Resource E: Timeline for Mentoring Activities Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >