Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures: Volume 3by Bruce W. Long, Jeannean Hall Rollins, Barbara J. Smith
More than 400 projections make it easier to learn anatomy, properly position the patient, set exposures, and take high-quality radiographs! With Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 13th Edition, you will develop the skills to produce clear radiographic images to help physicians make accurate diagnoses. Going beyond anatomy and/b>/b>
More than 400 projections make it easier to learn anatomy, properly position the patient, set exposures, and take high-quality radiographs! With Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 13th Edition, you will develop the skills to produce clear radiographic images to help physicians make accurate diagnoses. Going beyond anatomy and positioning, Volume 3 prepares you for special imaging modalities and situations such as pediatric imaging, mobile radiography, operating room radiography, cardiac catheterization, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and radiation therapy. Written by radiologic imaging experts Bruce Long, Jeannean Hall Rollins, and Barbara Smith, Merrill's Atlas is not just the gold standard in radiographic positioning references, and the most widely used, but also an excellent review in preparing for ARRT and certification exams!
• Comprehensive, full-color coverage of anatomy and positioning makes Merrill's Atlas the most in-depth text and reference available for radiography students and practitioners.
• Coverage of common and unique positioning procedures includes special chapters on trauma, surgical radiography, geriatrics/pediatrics, and bone densitometry, to help prepare you for the full scope of situations you will encounter.
• Coverage of special imaging modalities and situations in this volume includes mobile radiography, operating room radiography, computed tomography, cardiac catheterization, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, nuclear medicine technology, bone densitometry, positron emission tomography, and radiation therapy.
• UNIQUE! Collimation sizes and other key information are provided for each relevant projection.
• Frequently performed projections are identified with a special icon to help you focus on what you need to know as an entry-level radiographer.
• Numerous CT and MRI images enhance your comprehension of cross-sectional anatomy and help you prepare for the Registry examination.
• Projection summary tables in each procedural chapter offer general chapter overviews and serve as handy study guides.
• Summary tables provide quick access to projection overviews, guides to anatomy, pathology tables for bone groups and body systems, and exposure technique charts.
• Bulleted lists provide clear instructions on how to correctly position the patient and body part when performing procedures.
• Pathology summary tables provide quick access to the likely pathologies for each bone group or body system.
• NEW positioning photos show current digital imaging equipment and technology.
• NEW! Coverage of the latest advances in digital imaging also includes more digital radiographs with greater contrast resolution of pertinent anatomy.
• UPDATED Pediatric Imaging chapter addresses care for the patient with autism, strategies for visit preparation, appropriate communication, and environmental considerations.
• UPDATED Geriatric Radiography chapter describes how to care for the patient with Alzheimer’s Disease and other related conditions.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 12.00(h) x 1.10(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >