Methods and Applications of Statistics in Engineering, Quality Control, and the Physical Sciences / Edition 1by N. Balakrishnan
Pub. Date: 04/12/2011
Inspired by the Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, Second Edition (ESS2e), this volume presents a concise, well-rounded focus on the statistical concepts and applications that are essential for understanding gathered data in the fields of engineering, quality control, and the physical sciences. The book successfully upholds the goals of ESS2e by combining/i>
Inspired by the Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, Second Edition (ESS2e), this volume presents a concise, well-rounded focus on the statistical concepts and applications that are essential for understanding gathered data in the fields of engineering, quality control, and the physical sciences. The book successfully upholds the goals of ESS2e by combining both previously-published and newly developed contributions written by over 100 leading academics, researchers, and practitioner in a comprehensive, approachable format. The result is a succinct reference that unveils modern, cutting-edge approaches to acquiring and analyzing data across diverse subject areas within these three disciplines, including operations research, chemistry, physics, the earth sciences, electrical engineering, and quality assurance. In addition, techniques related to survey methodology, computational statistics, and operations research are discussed, where applicable. Topics of coverage include: optimal and stochastic control, artificial intelligence, quantum mechanics, and fractals.
Table of Contents
1. Accelerated Life Testing.
2. Advances in Robust Parameter Design: From Taguchi’s Inner Outer Arrays to Combined Arrays.
3. Applicability of Statistics and Probability Theory to Nucleate Pool Boiling Heat Transfer.
4. Application of Statistics in International Standardization.
6. Change-Point Analysis.
9. Coherent Structure Theory.
10. Control Charts.
11. Cumulative Sum Control Charts.
12. Degradation Models and Analyses.
13. Detection in Communications and Radar.
14. Directional Statistics, I.
15. Directional Statistics, II.
16. Engineering Statistics.
17. Fractal Dimensions and Estimation.
19. Hausdorff Dimension.
20. Information Theory and Coding Theory.
21. Life Testing.
22. Load-Sharing Systems.
23. Multivariate Calibration.
24. Multivariate Quality Control.
25. Nonparametric Methods in Reliability.
26. Nonparametric (Distribution-Free) Quality Control Charts.
27. Optimal Sample Size Allocation for Accelerated Degradation Test Based on Wiener Process.
28. Optimal Stochastic Control.
29. Percolation Theory.
30. Power Law Process.
31. Precedence Testing.
32. Principles of Professional Statistical Practice.
33. Probabilistic Reliability.
34. Quality Concept for Official Statistics.
35. Quality Measurement Plan (QMP).
36. Quantum Mechanics and Probability: An Overview.
37. Quantum Mechanics: Statistical Interpretation.
38. Rainfall, Landforms, and Streamflow.
39. Repairable Systems in Reliability.
40. Sampling Plans.
41. Software Reliability.
42. Statistical Communication Theory.
43. Statistical Methods in Chemistry.
44. Statistical Models for Damage Accumulation.
45. Statistical Quality Control.
46. Statistical Signal Processing.
47. Statistical Software.
48. Statistics in Astronomy.
49. Statistics in Computer Vision.
50. Statistics in Crystallography.
51. Statistics in Industry.
52. Statistics in Meteorology.
53. Statistics in Physics (Early History).
54. Statistics of Earthquakes.
56. Step-Stress Testing with Multiple Samples: The Exponential Case.
57. Stochastic Mechanics.
58. System Reliability.
59. Taguchi Method for Offline Quality Control.
60. Tolerance Intervals and Tolerance Regions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >