Methods in Educational Research: From Theory to Practice / Edition 1by Marguerite G. Lodico, Dean T. Spaulding, Katherine H. Voegtle
Written for students, educators, and researchers, Methods in Educational Research offers a refreshing introduction to the principles of educational research. Designed for the real world of educational research, the book's approach focuses on the types of problems likely to be encountered in professional experiences. Reflecting the importance of the No Child Left… See more details below
Written for students, educators, and researchers, Methods in Educational Research offers a refreshing introduction to the principles of educational research. Designed for the real world of educational research, the book's approach focuses on the types of problems likely to be encountered in professional experiences. Reflecting the importance of the No Child Left Behind Act, "scientifically based" educational research, school accountability, and the professional demands of the twenty-first century, Methods in Educational Research empowers educational researchers to take an active role in conducting research in their classrooms, districts, and the greater educational communityactivities that are now not only expected but required of all teachers.
The authors include a number of special features designed to assist the teaching and learning processes, such as vignettes illustrating research that is tied to practice and used to make decisions about educational practices, conceptual practical aspects of conducting research, issues and concepts relevant to the accountability movement and data-driven decision making, and sample research proposals using both qualitative and quantitative approaches. The key concepts are highlighted in each chapter, and discussion questions are provided to stimulate thought about the issues raised or encourage students to apply the concepts presented.
Table of Contents
Tables, Figures, and Exhibits.
About the Authors.
1. Introduction to Educational Research.
2. Identifying and Researching a Topic.
3. The Research Proposal.
4. Measurement in Educational Research and Assessment: Preestablished Instruments and Archival Data.
5. Self-Developed Measures and Qualitative Measurement.
6. Working with Research Participants: Sampling and Ethics.
7. Descriptive-Survey Research.
8. Experimental Research.
9. Nonexperimental Approaches: Causal-Comparative and Correlational Research.
10. Analyzing Quantitative Data.
11. Qualitative Research.
12. Mixed-Methods and Action Research.
13. Organization and Analysis of Qualitative Research Data.
14. Program Evaluation in Education.
15. Educational Research Can Make a Difference.
Appendix A: Sample Qualitative Proposal.
Appendix B: Sample Quantitative Proposal.
Appendix C: Calculation of the Standard Deviation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >