The Metrosexual Guide To Style: A Handbook For The Modern Manby Michael Flocker
The old-fashioned, repressed, un-moisturized man has been banished to the hinterlands and a new breed is taking center stage. He is a man of style, sophistication, and security, just as strong and confident as his predecessor, but far more diverse in his interests, his tastes, and, most importantly, his self-image. He may be seen at an NBA game one night and an art… See more details below
The old-fashioned, repressed, un-moisturized man has been banished to the hinterlands and a new breed is taking center stage. He is a man of style, sophistication, and security, just as strong and confident as his predecessor, but far more diverse in his interests, his tastes, and, most importantly, his self-image. He may be seen at an NBA game one night and an art gallery opening the next. Able to navigate any social setting, he is informed, influential, intriguing, and very much in vogue these days. He is the new male ideal: the metrosexual man.So how can the average Joe keep up with this new version of cool? How should he behave, what shoes should he wear, and what CDs should he have in his collection? Answers to these questions and so many other pressing concerns can be found in The Metrosexual Guide to Style. Filled with entertaining anecdotes, famous quotes, helpful hints, dos and don'ts, recommendations and potential pitfalls, this handy guidebook covers everything from dining out to fashion and personal style, home décor to the Metro-mindset. It is the one-stop shop for the impeccably groomed and savvy modern man.
- Da Capo Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Hachette Digital, Inc.
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
Read an Excerpt
metrosexual \me-(.)tro - seksh-(e-)wel\ n: 1: twenty-first- century male trendsetter 2: straight, urban man with heightened aesthetic sense. 3: man who spends time and money on appearance and shopping 4: man willing to embrace his feminine side
Do's and Don'ts...
* Pirate shirts, loud patterns, buckles, and zippers are for circus performers and boy bands.
* Pleated pants are history. Slim-fit, straight-leg pants make you look longer and sharper.
* Your clothes should conform to your body. Spend the extra money and have suits tailored.
* Your belt and your shoes should always match, and black on black works best.
* A silver, stainless steel watchband will go with everything. Leather bands should be strong and masculine, and sport watches are for sporting occasions.
* High school or college rings are best kept in the dresser drawer until the reunion is announced.
* A slim billfold or money clip is important, as a bulging wallet will only produce unsightly lumps in all the wrong places.
Meet the Author
The author of the best-selling The Metrosexual Guide to Style, The Hedonism Handbook, and The Fame Game, Michael Flocker lives in New York City.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >