Meyler's Side Effects Of Herbal Medicinesby Jeffrey K. Aronson
Meyler's Side Effects of Herbal Medicines, named to Doody's Core Titles for 2013, is a derivatrive work based onthe acclaimed Meyler’s Side Effect of Drugs, Fifteenth Edition. This book summarizes the adverse effects of a large range of herbal medicines and the active ingredients that they contain. It includes extensive lists of the families of/i>/i>… See more details below
Meyler's Side Effects of Herbal Medicines, named to Doody's Core Titles for 2013, is a derivatrive work based onthe acclaimed Meyler’s Side Effect of Drugs, Fifteenth Edition. This book summarizes the adverse effects of a large range of herbal medicines and the active ingredients that they contain. It includes extensive lists of the families of plants that are used as herbal medicines, including the Latin names of genera and species as well as the common names of individual plants. It features not only herbal medicines but information on important compounds such as tropane alkaloids, cardiac glycosides, nicotine, and pyrolizidine alkaloids.
The book is divided into three separate sections:
- Family - Each monograph is organized under a family of plants (for example, Liliaceae)
- Genera - The various genera that are included under the family name are tabulated (for example, the family Liliaceae contains 94 genera)
- Species - In each monograph, some species are dealt with separately (for example, in Liliaceae, four species are included under their Latin names and major common names)
Each monograph includes the following information:
- Alternative common names
- Active ingredients
- Uses - both traditional and modern
- Adverse effects
Drug names are designated by their recommended or proposed International Non-proprietary Names (rINN or pINN); when those are not available, clinical names or brand names are used.
The material is drawn from the fifteenth edition of the internationally renowned encyclopedia, Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs, and the latest volumes in the companion series, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals.
This volume is critical for any health professional or homeopathic practitioner with an interest in herbal medicines.
- Named to Doody’s Core Titles 2013, a collection development tool for health sciences libraries of all sizes,by Doody Enterprises
- Surpasses the Physician’s Desk Reference © by including clinical case studies and independent expert analysis
- Complete index of drug names
- Most complete cross referencing of drug-drug interactions available
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Herbal Medicines - Introduction and General Information 1
Herbal Medicines - Acanthaceae - Zygophyllaceae 31
Compounds found in Herbal products 237
Index of drug names 297
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >