Get your mission-critical messaging and collaboration systems up and running quickly with the essential guide to deploying and managing Exchange Server 2003. This comprehensive administrator’s reference details system features and capabilities, sharing hands-on insights for exploiting new connectivity, information management, and security features; integration with Microsoft Windows Server 2003; and other enhancements. Whether you’re migrating from a previous version of Exchange or performing a clean installation, you’ll find the easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics you need for everyday, on-the-job results.
Discover how to:
- Perform an enterprise needs assessment and develop your deployment plan
- Plan a migration strategy from Exchange Server 5.5—including planning for coexistence
- Prepare servers and clients; verify the installation
- Create security policies, manage PKI and certificates, and configure other security services
- Configure Internet protocols—SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, NNTP, and LDAP
- Set up and manage recipients, public folders, storage groups, and administrative and routing groups
- Exploit new interoperability and mobile access features, including enhancements to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Outlook Web Access
- Implement backups and disaster recovery plans
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and tune server performance
Exchange Server 2003 evaluation software inside!
- Try Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Enterprise Edition, with 120-day evaluation software on CD.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.