- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Designed for pre-nursing and allied health students (and also mixed-majors courses), Microbiology with Diseases by Body System with MasteringMicrobiology™, Third Edition retains the hallmark art program and clear writing style that have made Robert Bauman’s book a success. This Third Edition features compelling clinical content related to students’ future healthcare careers and abundant opportunities for applied student practice. Chapter-opening Clinical Cases, Emerging Diseases boxes, and Clinical Applications boxes introduce students to real-world clinical situations. Student comprehension is ensured with end-of-chapter practice that encompasses applied, visual, and conceptual understanding. With this revision, both students and instructors will benefit from the practice and assessment available with the new, unrivaled MasteringMicrobiology program.
1. A Brief History of Microbiology
2. The Chemistry of Microbiology
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7. Microbial Genetics
8. Recombinant DNA Technology
9. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
10. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
11. Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
12. Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
13. Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
14. Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
15. Innate Immunity
16. Adaptive Immunity
17. Immunization and Immune Testing
18. AIDS and Other Immune Disorders
19. Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Wounds
20. Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System and Eyes
21. Microbial Cardiovascular and Systemic Diseases
22. Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
23. Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
24. Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
25. Applied and Environmental Microbiology