Microcomputers for Twenty-first Century Educators / Edition 4by James Lockard, Peter D. Abrams, Wesley A. Many
Pub. Date: 01/22/1997
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
This book reflects the belief that computers are an essential part of the 'basics' of education for and in the twenty-first century, in the United States and worldwide.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.36(w) x 9.16(h) x 0.82(d)
Table of Contents
I. GETTING STARTED.
1. Microcomputer Systems In Perspective.
II. THE COMPUTER AS TOOL.
2. Word Processing: Managing Text.
3. Databases: Managing Information.
4. Spreadsheets: Managing Numbers.
5. Graphics and Support Tools: Making Teaching Easier.
6. Getting It All Together: Integrated Software, Suites, and Desktop Publishing.
7. The Internet and World Wide Web: Reaching Out into the World.
III. THE COMPUTER AS TUTOR.
8. Computer Assisted Instruction Fundamentals.
9. Interactive Multimedia.
10. Courseware Evaluation.
11. Managing Learning: Computer-Managed Instruction.
12. Computer Intelligence: Refined Roles for Computers in Education.
IV. THE COMPUTER AS LEARNER.
13. The Concepts of Programming and Programming Languages.
15. Authoring and Hypermedia Tools: From Desktop to the Internet.
V. MICRO-COMPUTERS IN EDUCATION.
6. Beyond Computer Literacy: Technology Integration and Curriculum Transformation.
17. Technology Implementation.
18. Issues and Implications.
VI. LOOKING AHEAD.
19. Today and Tomorrow: What May Lie Ahead.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >