Microeconomics / Edition 12by Richard G. Lipsey, Paul N. Courant, Christopher T.S. Ragan
Pub. Date: 12/17/1998
The goal of this book has always been to provide readers with a solid introduction to the economic issues facing the world today, using the methods economists use to study those issues, and the policy problems that those issues create. This revision includes updated information on such key issues as health care, distribution of income, unemployment, labor, and monetary policy. The authors have also greatly increased the focus on the international economy and economic growth.
Table of Contents
I. THE NATURE OF ECONOMICS.
2. Economics as a Social Science.
3. The Anatomy of a Market Economy.
4. Demand, Supply, and Price.
6. Demand and Supply in Action.
III. CONSUMERS AND PRODUCERS.
8. Production and Cost in the Short Run.
9. Production and Cost in the Long Run.
IV. MARKETS, PRICING, AND EFFICIENCY.
12. Imperfect Competition.
13. Economic Efficiency and Public Policy.
14. Inside the Firm.
V. THE MARKETS FOR FACTORS OF PRODUCTION.
16. Labor Markets.
17. Capital and Nonrenewable Resources.
VI. GOVERNMENT IN THE MARKET ECONOMY.
19. Environmental and Safety Regulation.
20. Taxation and Public Expenditure.
XI. INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS.
36. Trade Policy.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >