Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking,Second Editionby Mitch Tulloch, Ingrid Tulloch
Get the single resource that defines—and illustrates—the rapidly evolving world of networking. The second edition of the award-winning MICROSOFT® ENCYCLOPEDIA OF NETWORKING has been fully updated—with thousands of entries detailing the latest technologies, standards, products, and services. You get clear, concise explanations, including
Get the single resource that defines—and illustrates—the rapidly evolving world of networking. The second edition of the award-winning MICROSOFT® ENCYCLOPEDIA OF NETWORKING has been fully updated—with thousands of entries detailing the latest technologies, standards, products, and services. You get clear, concise explanations, including hundreds of new articles and diagrams, that deftly take you from concept to real-world application. You also get the entire encyclopedia on CD-ROM, for definitive answers wherever you need them.
- STAY CURRENT AND TRACK TRENDS—from Ethernet to wireless LANs, EDI to XML, 6bone to Web-enabled cell phones, keep pace with networking innovations
- EXPLORE CONTENT IN DEPTH—delve into security, viruses, next-generation cellular communications, e-business, and other developments in as much detail as you need
- BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF KEY PLATFORMS—everything from Microsoft Windows® and Microsoft .NET to open-source technologies and products from Cisco, IBM, Sun, and others
- MASTER NETWORKING ESSENTIALS—get fast facts and implementation notes on networking topologies, media, protocols, and standards
- DECIPHER INDUSTRY ACRONYMS—from legacy systems (POTS) to emerging standards (IPv6), and from ACK to ZAK, decode essential terms
- GET AN EDGE IN CERTIFICATION PREPARATION—ideal reference for anyone pursuing or maintaining MCSE, MCSA, or other professional certification
PLUS, YOUR ENCYCLOPEDIA ON CD-ROM FEATURES:
- Entire text in easy-search eBook format
- Customizable, XML-based index
- Links to Web sites for additional learning
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microsoft Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2nd ed.
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.58(h) x 2.54(d)
- Age Range:
- 13 Years
Meet the Author
Mitch Tulloch is a trainer, consultant, and author living in Winnipeg, Canada. In addition to his Nutshell books for O'Reilly listed below, Mitch is also the author of the Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking and Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security, both from Microsoft Press, and a string of best-selling books on IIS from Osborne/McGraw-Hill. If you're interested you can find out more about Mitch on his website www.mtit.com. In addition to his O'Reilly weblog, Mitch also maintains a "techblog" at mitchtulloch.blogspot.com containing random thoughts, ideas, suggestions, tips, and resources for network and system administrators.
Ingrid Tulloch (B.A., Cert.Ed.) is Vice President and Head of Research for MTIT Enterprises. Ingrid is co-author of the Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking and primary researcher for the Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security. Ingrid is also a content expert for Jones International University (JIU) where she co-developed the four-course Information Security Management (ISM) specialization for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program.For more information, see http://www.mtit.com.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >